Exercise Rewards CHECK-IN APP
Working as a Senior Interaction Designer I worked closely with our Art Director and Senior Design Manager to facilitate creating our companies first native app. The Healthyroads Check-In App allows members with health incentive programs to track their activity to ensure they are meeting their program requirements..
With feedback from actual users telling us that wanted a way to accurately track if they were meeting their incentive needs we decided to create a simple app that took advantage of GPS and location services. We were able to meet both client and member needs by insuring that the members were checking in from a certified location and the members were able to track their workouts to ensure they received their member benefit/reward.
- Allow users to check-in to verified fitness facilities within their program
- Track the amount of time a user has been active
- Warn users if they have not completed the necessary activity level
- Warn users if they are not in a
- A new user needs to be able to access the app and login to their account to begin tracking their activity
- A user needs to be able to find nearby verified facilities in the area they are in when not at their home location
- A user needs to be able to see a log of their activity and check their progress to see where they are with their goals and requirements
Whiteboarding sessions were conducting to quickly iterate and to just get ideas out in a group. We also used these white boarding sessions to conduct group research and see what was successful and unsuccessful in current check-in and fitness apps. Our main goal here was to try and simplify the process as much as possible to come to a minimum viable product that we could release.
The goal was to create a very simple user flow that would achieve the goal of allowing the user to check-in to a location and track the amount of time they were at the location. We wanted to do this in as a few a steps as possible since our user range was from teenagers to tech savvy seniors.